Saturday, November 17, 2012

Finish...

I had a dream a couple of nights ago that the Huskies had beat Colorado and went into the Apple Cup at 7-4 and needed one more win to finish with 8 wins and a decent bowl selection. The Huskies were down by 3 with a couple of minutes left and were marching against the Cougs. On a third down play, Keith Price threw a pick six against the worst passing defense in the country and the Huskies lost the Apple Cup. In this dream, a Coug friend of mine was watching the game with me, and he didn't even rub it in....which actually made it worse. I woke up thinking, "I cannot believe the Huskies saved the season only to lose in the finale against a terrible WSU team. I can't do this anymore." Thankfully, as my wife reminded me, it was just a dream.
In reality, the Huskies are a very solid 6-4 (which the Husky Loyalist predicted as this point), and are playing the easiest two road games the Huskies have seen in several years. Today's game should be one of those where gamblers across the country are just hoping that either team delivers on the spread. In the case of my college buddy who took the Huskies with the 21 point spread, I warned him that the Huskies would look solid and at one point should have a 28-30 point lead, but will step off the gas pedal and will end up winning by only 18 or so. That is my prediction. I believe the Huskies are in sync right now at the exact right time to finish the season, and there is nothing stopping the team from finishing on a 5-game win streak. The only trouble is both of these games are on the road, and UW has not been amazing on the road. BUT, this team is ready, and should do everything it needs to salvage this season, help in recruiting and prepare for a dream season next year.

Here's to not looking past both of these sub-par teams, and looking forward to whomever UW plays in a bowl game. I'm not too concerned, and that's saying something....

Go Dawgs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment