Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Oh, Oregon, thank you for being you.....

News has just come out in the last 24 hours that the University of Oregon football program has recommended it should go on two years worth of probation and strip one scholarship away each year for the next three years. I really am not sure how to take all of this in. My first reaction was, "THANK YOU FOOTBALL GODS, JUSTICE HAS BEEN SERVED!!!" Seeing the Ducks in this unenvious position really does make me feel good deep down inside. I know the Huskies haven't been angels when it comes to NCAA regulations in the last couple of decades, but the timing of the Ducks success and this investigation just make this feel so slimy and blatantly egregious. I mean, there has got to be a direct correlation between the Ducks going from the middle of the Pac-10 to national title contenders year and year out, all while committing to questionable recruiting practices.


My second reaction was, "TWO YEARS PROBATION AND THREE SCHOLARSHIPS?!?! ARE YOU F*****G STUPID?!?!?!!" Leave it to the Ducks to suggest the most MINOR penalty possible involving a MAJOR violation. In my head I pictured one of those dumb Ducks fans crying after the loss to Stanford making the decision for the University...."Look, bro, we just need to take this one step at a time. Everyone just chill. The NCAA needs us, bro, have you seen our jerseys?!? Let's just go on probation and take our scholarships away from our kickers. We don't use them anyway, bro." The president of the university of course complied, and here we are.

My third and final reaction was, "F*****G MIAMI." The NCAA screwed up the University of Miami investigation so badly chances are they are just going to accept these weak, self-imposed penalties suggested by our favorite crying Duck fan. Leave it to both Oregon and Miami to cheat their way to success and then work together to make us Husky fans even angrier that justice is not going to be served to either school. That Miami investigation was a slam dunk. Are you kidding me!?!? If I lived in a little shack in Eugene on a co-op farm where I grew my own food and wore clothes made out of hemp and had dreadlocks....I would say there is a conspiracy afoot. But I don't....thank God.

Who knows what is going to happen to the Ducks at this point. The best they can come out of this is with 2 years probation and the loss of 3 scholarships and absolutely zero change on the field. I am optimistic that the NCAA is going to step it up and bring the pain and keep them out of a bowl or two. Those types of penalties always have a long-lasting effect. Not to mention their cheatin'-ass coach is now in the NFL (a la Pete Carroll, apparently), and it appears the program may have reached its peak and is on its way down. No matter what, Husky fans across the globe can rejoice and know that until this is all sorted out we have a lot of "rubbing it in to do". With that I leave you with a Go Dawgs, and enjoy the following GIF.


No comments:

Post a Comment